Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Three Years Old

Ahh...the wedding gown photos. You would never guess from looking at them that Lauren truly thinks her mom is a paparazzi that she has to take any means necessary to fend off. She literally screams "no pictures!", tries to yank the camera out of my hands, turns her back to me, or looks down at the floor with a scowl on her face until the camera is put away. In fact, behind a good portion of pictures on this blog, there has been some form of bribery, begging and pleading, or someone acting like a complete idiot in trade for a smile.

We were at Toys R Us just before her birthday and that's when Lauren spotted the wedding gown. I'm not sure if it was her princess bride doll, her Enchanted movie, or our wedding pictures on the wall as she's fascinated with them all, but she had to have this gown! We got the dress home and she wanted to try it on immediately.  It was a beautiful fit, from the veil headband, to the bouquet of white flowers, down to the hoop on the skirt. She asked "Mommy, want to take my picture?" After the initial shock of the question wore off, I said "of course!" The photo shoot was a series of perfect smiles and bride-like poses for which I didn't have to do anything but snap the picture.

Well, we were soon to find out that Daddy doesn't much approve of pictures with his three year old in a wedding gown.  I get it!  It's heartbreaking enough to watch this little girl grow up so fast!  I still had to sneak one of the pictures on the blog, but that's it!  Any more wedding gown photos are going to be a good twenty-some years from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment