What better time than Valentine's Day to share love poems? Lauren's great grandma, Wilma, has written a small collection of poems about her relationship with her new beau, Rod. Our family has enjoyed the poems, and just witnessing this new love and the happiness that is obvious in Wilma since she and Rod have been together. "The Man Across the Room" and sequel were a couple of her first poems written for Rod.
The Man Across the Room
The Man Across the Room
One Sunday I was feeling low,
my week had been a week of gloom.
Then my eyes focused on
the man across the room.
How could I get him to notice me?
A smile--perhaps perfume.
I just had to get to know
the man across the room.
As spring turned into summer
and the flowers began to bloom,
so grew my friendship with
the man across the room.
I know God works in our lives
in ways we can not see,
'cause now the man across the room
is sitting next to me.
(Author:WJC)
Sequel to The Man Across the Room
(Author:WJC)
Sequel to The Man Across the Room
When the white car turns into my drive
my heart begins to flutter.
I open my mouth to say "hello"
and all I do is stutter.
Why does "the man across the room"
seem to unnerve me so?
I'm acting like a sixteen-year old
on a date with her first beau.
I guess in time I'll settle down,
my nerves can't take much more
But one thing I know for sure--
I don't feel like eighty-four.
(Author: WJC)
(Author: WJC)


No comments:
Post a Comment