Unfortunately, we've learned of yet another rare medical condition that we wish we hadn't. Lauren's Grandma Sue was diagnosed with Malignant Mixed Mullerian Tumor (MMMT). This is an aggressive type of uterine cancer. She has already completed the first step of her treatment which was to have a hysterectomy. She is recovering well from the surgery. We were hoping the cancer had not spread, but it was found to have spread to her lymph nodes. The next step of her treatment is five weeks of radiation. After that, six rounds of chemo. It's going to be a tough fight but if anyone can do it, she can. She is the strongest person I know. Especially with little Lauren by her side.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I am so very sorry to hear about your mom's cancer. Life can be full of such hardship at times. Know of my prayers.
ReplyDeleteHeather, I just want you to know I am praying for your mom and your entire family through this difficult time. If you ever need anything please ask. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Lauren is such a cutie Heather. After a long day at work, I'm sure that smile melts your heart. :) What a precious gift to come home to. Please tell Steve I said hello and get Lauren prepared to meet me! Tell her Zach and Zoey's fun and crazy Aunt Kiki will be meeting her and wants to play with her and talk about college at Notre Dame. :)
ReplyDelete